UK Resident Landlords
As an investor in the UK property market you will know there are an abundance of estate agencies and property managers to let and manage your rental property. Once you have selected your agent it is advisable also to appoint a specialist to handle the financial aspects of letting your property. This is where the Optimus Landlord Service comes in.
Our Landlord Service has been specifically designed to handle landlords’ tax affairs, ensuring their investment properties are as tax efficient as possible.
The Landlord Service
The Optimus Landlord Service is a personal, tailor-made service dedicated to dealing with all your property-related income tax matters. The service incorporates drawing up detailed rental accounts and the preparation of the Land and Property pages of your self assessment form.
Optimus’s Landlord Service undertakes the following on clients’ behalf:
- Handling HM Revenue & Customs property related enquiries, obtaining and submitting any of the supporting documentation required.
- Obtaining rental statements directly from your letting/management agents and preparing tax-adjusted income schedules.
- Calculating and advising you of your taxable property income (or your property tax losses) taking into account the many tax allowable expenses available.
- Preparing annual tax return property schedules.
- Providing a financial management facility to help you better manage your property portfolio by:
- Creating and providing you with annual rental accounts for each of your properties detailing periodic and annual itemized income and expenditure.
- Cash inflow and outflow on your letting account, with details of balances with your agent.
- Analysis of your agent’s float with details of any rent due.
- Financial analysis of your investment if required.